For over 12 months now, there is no question that businesses have started thinking about implementing more future-proof solutions for their systems and operations.
The conversation about the importance of technology has been more business-driven simply because of the necessity to deliver more flexible and remote solutions on every level for users of technology. One of the main results of the imposed post-pandemic conditions is that it has produced a major change in approach to how people work – not only involving their geographical location but also how they approach work, delivery, and collaboration.
ADT Systems’ team has always worked with a wide scope of clients in Bristol, Bath, and the nearby areas to develop their technology solutions to strengthen their abilities to become more effective at everything they do, ensuring that technology supports the journey of their growth.
Many organisations have seen and recognised that a dispersed workforce can be equally effective and innovative toward their duties, work operations and profitable, of course considering, when supported by the right tools and technology solutions.
From our perspective, as IT providers and tech experts, we wholly recommend cloud solutions. We strongly recommend reaching out for advice. You can get more details about the process of migrating to cloud solutions, overall costs, and most importantly if your business is suitable to adopt this transition. Below you will find out more about what you should take note of, but don’t hesitate to contact us to ask questions and find out further details about the cloud process and your business suitability.
We have listed a few cloud migration security challenges that you should consider:
1. Is your data ready to be migrated to a cloud system?
2. Are your systems and applications cloud-ready?
3. Does your software provider already have a cloud-based solution?
4. Are you able to run the applications on your cloud infrastructure?
5. Could the cost of migration outweigh the benefit?
- While there’s normally a good case for a return on investment, the immediate project costs can look excessive at first, but this can be counterbalanced by the ongoing efficiency and accessibility that all users benefit from.
6. Does your organisational strategy and policies specify any guidelines on the adoption of cloud technology?
- Depending on the sector you are in, these guidelines may differ.
7. What are the security measurements if you store your data in the cloud?
- Ensure that data sovereignty is assured, contractual customer data security requirements are covered, and cloud providers are certified. The geographic location of the data centre can be key to ensuring you meet legal and regulatory requirements
As you can see, it is necessary to answer the above questions to assess if your business can adopt a cloud approach to your future systems.
Cloud Solutions can be defined as one of three types:
1. SaaS (Software as a Service) where system providers have ready-made solutions, such as CRM applications, email, or finance solutions.
2. PaaS (Platform as a Service) where cloud platforms are available to build or implement your own solutions upon public or private cloud-based services, such as Microsoft Azure.
3. IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) gets you on-demand access to cloud-hosted physical and virtual servers, storage and networking and its costs are based on what is consumed.
What benefits the company gets when moving to the cloud? Of course, every business has its unique requirements and long-term ambitions.
- Removes the need to service and maintain a physical room full of servers and the supporting systems and infrastructure
- The ability to upscale systems and resources upon demand.
- Being able to access systems and applications from anywhere – any geographical location and at any time. That is the perfect solution for any growing business.
- Replication assurance is especially beneficial for business data recovery and continuity. Cloud infrastructure has a very high resilience factor, and there’s less chance that a single server failure can cause an extensive outage, improving your business continuity and overall effectiveness.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the process, let us know. There are no costs involved in reaching for advice, and our specialists are more than welcome to help. Get in touch and see if your business is suitable to adopt cloud technology today.
If you would like to discover more about the cloud solution and the benefits of utilising cloud systems, we have further articles that we think would be insightful and worth exploring:
Need more advice?
If you have any questions about the process, or requirements and more details about the cloud migration, contact one of our friendly team of IT specialists. We can provide you with the most suitable cloud solutions, depending on your circumstances, goals and business demands.
As a team of IT experts, we pride ourselves on providing the best technology solutions to businesses across the UK since 1993. We have plenty of great advice that we can share with you! So, if you have any questions about your business' IT:
- Call us on 0330 333 7439
- Or simply drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We like to hear from you
Our Client Service Team can assist with your questions